[squid-users] new to squid

From: Bill Everhart <bille@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 15:35:53 -0400

Hi all,

I'm brand new to squid. Up until now I've been using apache mod_proxy
with a very simple config:

ProxyRequests On
<Proxy *>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 10
</Proxy>

Today I found out I can no longer use mod_proxy because YUM uses
byteranges and apache doesn't support that. I have read over the squid
config file (wow) and I have a couple of questions:

1. Does squid handle byterange requests?

2. squid seems over the top for what I need, I'm looking for something
that does not cache and just allows traffic from my 10.x network to
redhat network. Is there something else out there I should be looking
at?

3. Could anyone provide me with a config that doesn't cache anything
and just works as a proxy between clients on a 10.x network to rhn?

ok, that was more then a couple of questions. I apprecite any help you
guys can give me.