Re: [squid-users] URL cnbc.com : Video Streaming Problems.

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:47:56 +0200

ons 2007-04-11 klockan 20:45 +0200 skrev Vincent Blondel:

> What do you mean by ECN and Window Scaling. I only know about ECN
> (TCP/IP Network Congestion) and Windows Scaling at layer 3 not layer 7
> (Squid level) ?

Squid running at Layer 7 is also bitten by any problems at the lower
layers between the host where Squid is running and the destination
server..

So many Squid proxies is bitten by firewalls mishandling ECN and/or
window scaling, simply because the TCP/IP implementation of the host
where Squid is running is more advanced than most desktop OS:es and
actually tries to make use of these useful additions to TCP..

Regards
Henrik