Re: [squid-users] Timeout explanation in layman's term

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 05:20:01 +0200

fre 2007-04-27 klockan 11:15 +0800 skrev squid squid:

> Thank you for the advise. So I have got read_timeout and request_timeout
> mixed up. If I want to ensure that the connection from client PC --> Squid
> Proxy Server --> Web Server is always there or dropped after certain time,
> pls advise what are the timeout/setting that I should set??? Thank you.

There is no such connection. All connections in HTTP is hop-by-hop.
There is a number of connections client<->squid (usually in the range 0
to 4 depending on the page strucuture and content), and then there may
be other connections squid<->webserver. The two is independent, but
cache misses results in requests being forwarded on one (any available,
or a new) connection to the requested server.

Not entirely sure what you are asking for.

Regards
Henrik