Re: [squid-users] block https? (again)

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 13:13:48 +0800

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007, Chuck Kollars wrote:
> I know this has already been asked, and I know Hendrik
> said no dice. But I still don't understand why, so I'm
> going to ask the same dumb question one more time:

The important thing here is that Squid is an open source project,
and if someone comes up with some patches which implement functionality
then they can be included in the base distribution.

I've had a couple of interested parties in developing a few features
as of late - and a few people have also implemented stuff, much to
our happiness - but for the most part there's lots of demand for
stuff but not a lot of people who seem to do it.

So!

How's about this. I'll put up a wishlist on the Wiki.

Its at http://wiki.squid-cache.org/WishList . Its very, very incomplete.

If you have something you'd like to see implemented in Squid;
donating to Squid to get one of these projects done or would like
to participate in developing something but don't quite know how then
now's your time to step up and say something to me.

To the people who have emailed me in the past about certain stuff
(logfile helpers, COSS work, SMP/threaded support, pre-fetch and
satellite link optimisations) then I'd appreciate it if you'd get back
to me with what you'd like to see and I'll get it added to this page.
I'll also see if I can get this particular page unlocked from requiring
login to edit so you can put in your own projects.

Adrian