Re: [squid-users] Securing proxy authentication against Novell Edirectory

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 03:07:55 +0200

lör 2007-06-02 klockan 21:27 -0300 skrev Diego Woitasen:

> I have a Squid using basic authentication with squid_ldap_auth
> against Novell Edirectory. This is working fine, but is very insecure.
> Somebody knows any method to get a secure communication between
> browser and squid, to authenticate against Novell Edir?

It's possible using Digest. Currently require the Novell Edir addon
which enables Edir to store the users plain-text password.. But that
introduces it's own security hazards..

> One possible solution that I'm in research is to use digest
> authentication, relaying the authentication between Edir and the
> browser, so:

This kind of Digest relaying is not yet supported by Squid. It would be
very good, but no one has implemented it yet. You are most welcome to
help with adding this feature, if so join the Squid developers on the
squid-dev mailinglist