[squid-users] hit ratio and byte ratio graphs

From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:24:23 -0300

    Hello Guys,

    Im trying to develop some cacti templates for graphing some squid
counters. I have already done a graph showing HTTP Requests and HTTP
Hits. Next step will be adding a hit ratio percentage line on this same
graph.

    Other graph already generated which is cacheHttpInKb and
cacheHttpOutKb, showing HTTP traffic of the proxy.

    But the graph I'm really interested is a byte hit ratio, something
that shows how much http traffic is squid saving. I can check that with
5 and 60 minutes in 'General Runtime Information' item on cachemgr.cgi.

    Question is ....

    Are those 5min and 60m byte hit ratio easily readable with SNMP ???
In fact, the 5 min would be enough for me. If yes, what are those OIDs
?? I couldnt find on mib.txt ...

    If they are not available, which would be the correct math for
getting the value ? Something with cacheHttpOutKb/cacheHttpInKb and
cacheServerInKb/cacheServerOutKb would give me the byte hit ratio ?

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues