Re: [squid-users] --enable-fd-config

From: Tek Bahadur Limbu <teklimbu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:09:10 +0545

Fiero, Paul wrote:
> We are having problems with our web browsing coming to a crawl. This
> appears to be a file descriptors issue. I am gathering that squid uses
> --enable-fd-config to deal with file descriptors now? How do I
> configure my squid server to use more than 1024 descriptors?
>
> I used to set 'ulimit -HSn 32768' and then included that in my squid
> init file and all was happy. But on this installation it appears that
> the old method doesn't work and I see reference to --enable-fd-config
> when I do squid -v.

Hi Paul,

I think that you may need to increase the size of _FD_SETSIZE in your
/usr/include/bits/typesizes.h file.

Which OS are you running? After increasing, you type ulimit -HSn 8192
and compile Squid.

Please see the links below and see if it helps.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/CompleteFaq#head-eb3240fe8e61368056af86138a2b5dcbc9781a54

http://www.mail-archive.com/squid-users@squid-cache.org/msg35858.html

I have not used the --enable-fd-config compilation option yet.

Thanking you...