[squid-users] Possible? Cache images with different parameters after question-mark?

From: Hermann-Marcus Behrens <bremen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 11:30:59 +0200

Hello,

is it possible to force squid to cache an image, which never changes,
but which is loaded with different parametes after a question-mark?

Example:
http://www.example.com/pixel.gif?page=index.html&rand=4125422

I use this to measure the traffic on my webpage. A Javascript loads the
image with different parameters (idea borrowed from Google-Analytics)
and later a small perl-script examines the log and does some accounting.

The problem: The file "pixel.gif" never changes, but due to the
question-mark and the changing parameters squid always connects to
apache and fetches the same file (=pixel.gif) from the apache daemon. I
would like to config the squid in a way, that it caches the file and
serves it from memory. Is this possible?

Greetings from germany,

Hermann-Marcus Behrens