RE: [squid-users] How would Squid server sense authentication?

From: Vootla, Bhagwan <Bhagwan.Vootla@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:43:45 -0400

Thanks Martin.

As you know there are no secured browsers in the market which encrypts
user names/passwords. Everything is sent in plain text over LAN.
(Sometime back Henrik shed some light to creating ssh tunnel, Which
absolutely worked fine. Thanks to Henrik.)

But I am instructed to AVOID putting anything on the client side. To
avoid this, What I was trying to achieve is... Make apache as a secured
web server and perform secured authentication against ldap server, and
then inform squid server that no more authentication is needed for
browsing. Not sure, if this is possible, But trying to explore the
possible ways.

Thank you,
Bhagwan