Re: [squid-users] header_access debug, pam_appl.h, digest-auth-helper, storeio

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 07:28:38 +0200

On mån, 2007-09-17 at 22:43 -0400, vollkommen@gmx.net wrote:
> 1) I got "pam_auth.c:74:31: error: security/pam_appl.h: No such file
> or directory" when compiling squid-2.6.STABLE16-20070916. I found a
> nearly identical instance in the list archive more than a year ago.
> That got me looking into the pam-devel on my host os--Mac OS X 10.4.
> It turns out pam_appl.h is located in /usr/include/pam/ on OS X 10.4
> and 10.3, rather than /usr/include/security. A symbolic link takes
> care of it. I wonder, however, if the developers are open to
> accommodating this type of OS-specific peculiarities by adjusting
> during ./configure based on --host=.

so we need a configure test to see which of the two is available, and
include the proper one..

(should not make that decision based on the host type)

> 2) I narrowed down the cause of my inability to log into several sites
> to the last line in the 'http_anonymizer paranoid' emulation of
> squid-2.6 that I was using, namely: "header_access All deny all". I'd
> like to find out what headers these sites need to see. Could anyone
> let me know the debug_options number for header_access without going
> full bore to "debug_options ALL,9"? Currently I'm aware of 33 for
> reply_mime_type and 28 for ACL debugging. Is there a quick list of all
> the debug option numbers, without resorting to reading the source
> code?

Usually login problems means you have blocked cookies..

> 3) Does the latest squid-2.6 still need the digest-auth-helper from
> squid-3PRE if I want to use digest password? Is this going to change?

Squid-2.6 has the same digest helper as Squid-3.

> 4) What are the possible squid storeio options on Mac OS X (HFS+ or
> UFS format)? So far it seems I have to either accept the default (UFS)
> even though my disk is formatted HFS+, or --enable-storeio=null.
> Anything else I tried had failed. Is there a matrix of all the storeio
> possibilities for every OS squid has been compiled on?

only ufs and null I am afraid.. Max OS X do not provide the factilities
needed for either aufs or diskd.. and coss is still experimental.

the name ufs has no relation to the actual filesystem type used by your
OS. It's just Squid's name for "cache ontop of unix-like filesystem". A
better name would be "simple" with aufs being "threaded".

Regards
Henrik