Re: [squid-users] Rewrite host header active for some URLs and inactive for others

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:07:53 +0200

On tis, 2007-09-25 at 18:03 +0200, jsianes@andaluciajunta.es wrote:
> Hello, I'm trying to configure a Squid 2.6 service in order to manage rewrite
> using squirm. The problem is that the directive that controls this
> caracteristic for the host header rewrite is global for the squid service
> (redirect_rewrites_host_header) and what I want is that for some URLs the
> rewrite host header could be on and off for others. Is this posible, using for
> example the directive 'redirector_access' in any way?

Why do you want to do this?

It's possible there is another solution to your problem..

Keep in mind that when you use an URL rewriter then you completely
replace Squid's opinion of what the requested URL is. Not updating the
Host header to match is generally a bad thing as you then get a mismatch
between what Squid thinks was requested and the request forwarded to the
web servers..

Regards
Henrik