Re: [squid-users] Acl for blocking sites not working - what can i DO?

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:25:19 -0800

Abd-Ur-Razzaq Al-Haddad wrote:
> Hi all I've got 2.6 stable running on OpenSuse 10.2
> I can't seem to get the squid to use the internal acls to block sites/domains.. how can this be achived?
>

> Squid.conf

SNIP
> acl lcl src 192.168.0.0/16
> acl NTLMUsers proxy_auth REQUIRED
> acl blocksites urlpath_regex “/etc/squid/blocks.sites.acl”

What does the content of /etc/squid/block.sites.acl look like? What
site are you trying to get to?

SNIP
> http_access allow localhost

This means that if you are using a browser on the Squid server, the
blocks are not going to take effect. Authentication is also not going
to be required.

> http_access deny blocksites
> http_access allow lcl NTLMUsers
>
> # And finally deny all other access to this proxy
> http_access deny all

What does running "squid -k parse" say?

Chris