Re: [squid-users] header_access in squid3

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 15:56:28 +1200

JSPT wrote:
> I'm trying to add a new header access control rule in squid3 but see that the
> header_access are now set as reply_header_access and and
> request_header_access. I want to set them as anonymous which I did for both
> the reply and request header. I load the proxy in internet explorer and
> started to surf the web, most sites work well, except for hotmail.com which
> won't allow me to login and sites like ticketmaster.com gives me (111)
> Connection refused. Any advice will be great, thanks much.
>
> Pete

Are you sure its only a header problem?

Hotmail login problems are sometimes session / HTTPS related.
Their servers do not permit multiple IPs to share an authenticated session.
So... If you have load-balanced proxies you may encounter login denials
unless you restrict it to one squid handling all hotmail traffic for any
given user. Or if you have clients using HTTP through transparent proxy
and HTTPS direct hotmail will definately deny access.

"Connection Refused" sounds like a TCP-level denial. There are a growing
number of hosting sites that block web traffic to/from IPA listed as
open proxies, spam source, etc.

Amos