Re: [squid-users] url_rewrite_program

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 23:23:53 +1300

Ruwan Janapriya wrote:
> I have written a perl script and used as a url_rewrite_program in
> squid v2.7. It worked fine until I upgraded it to v3.0. Now I am
> getting a access denied error. It never cache the images I asked it to
> cache. Do I have to make any changes to the configuration for v3.0?

Looks like you already did in order to get that access denied.
Check your squid config file before and after the upgrade.
The perl script itself should not have needed changing just for the new
squid version.

> Furthermore, I want to manipulate HTTP headers. What is the best
> method I should follow? I saw ICAP could help me to do that? however I
> couldn't find a good ICAP server implementation for windows. I
> upgraded to v3.0, since I read in several users comments that v2.X
> series does not support ICAP well.

You have a small problem then. ICAP not supported well by Squid-2.
Windows support only experimental in Squid-3.

Any issues with the windows build please let squid-dev mailing list and
Acme Consulting Ltd. know.

Amos

--
Please be using