[squid-users] Issues with tproxy setup

From: trasor <trasor_at_lhtot.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:00:10 -0400

I've looked thru the documentation and config examples but can't seem to
find a complete document that uses the following:

Squid 3.1
tproxy 4
iptables 4.0

I am trying to accomplish setting up squid with tproxy to maintain the
tcp session. i.e. Customer accesses the internet and is transparently
redirected to squid server, but their IP address shows on the internet
instead of the cache servers IP. I have been able to setup squid to run
transparent, however an IP lookup at 'whatsmyip.org' shows me the cache
servers IP address. I have already rebuilt the kernel, and iptables
with the patches. I tried combining the steps for features/TPROXY,
FullyTransparentWithTPROXY, TPROXYPatchingCentos, etc to no avail. I
can see the access log being populated, but only pre-cached info is
returned. Is there any completed/ fully documented article available
for us knuckleheads that describes step by step how this may be
accomplished. Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Tom