Re: [squid-users] squid ceasing to function when interface goes down

From: Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa <ildefonso.camargo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 12:14:44 +1930

Hi!

This could come a little "off-topic", but: which VPN are you using? if
you happen to be using OpenVPN, try adding the option "persist-tun",
also, there is a chance that you can make squid actually restart when
the VPN goes down and up again (by using the "down" and "up" options,
that calls down and up scripts).

Anyway, please keep us informed!

I hope this helps,

Ildefonso Camargo