[squid-users] HowTo: Downtime Message

From: Arnold, Christian <C.Arnold_at_le-mail.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:56:04 +0100

Hi there!

I had to create a new machine which hosts our squid proxy. This new machine is available under another IP than the last one. I sent out a newsletter to all the users that they have to change the proxy settings, but still some of them are using the old one. Now I would like to display a message with instruction on how to change the proxy and deny all internet usage over that proxy. How can I display some kind of downtime message via a squid proxy?

Regards
Christian