Re: [squid-users] R: [squid-users] R: [squid-users] LDAP authentication

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:54:18 +1300

Okay, as promised.

To combine Rules 2 & 3 into a single http_access line for many logins
use an external_acl_type helper. There is one bundled in 2.7 called
"ip_user" which fits this scenario exactly.

Details of its configuration can be found here:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.2/manuals/ext_file_userip_acl.html
(ignore the binary name in these docs, it changed in 3.2. The config etc
remain the same).

Alternatively if you maintain any sort of management database to
administrate this for your network a custom helper script can look up
the info directly in there instead of a text file.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.3