RE: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy and Externally Generated Wildcard SSL Certificates

From: Dean Weimer <dweimer_at_orscheln.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 07:56:11 -0600

John,
        I believe what you need to do is export the Certificates from the IIS servers, they will be saved in a .pfx file, which is the PKCS12 format. OpenSSL can convert these into the PEM format that squid supports, these commands will give you the desired output.

Exports the Certificate:
openssl pkcs12 -in server.pfx -out server.crt -nodes -nokeys -clcerts

Exports the Private Key (Note will not be encrypted, store in safe place):
openssl pkcs12 -in server.pfx -out server.key -nodes -nocerts -clcerts

The openssl man page and the pkcs12 man page will have more information about these options if you need them.

Thanks,
     Dean Weimer
     Network Administrator
     Orscheln Management Co