Re: [squid-users] Squid URL rewritter

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 04:10:45 +1300

On 4/12/2011 2:56 a.m., Benjamin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can we use bash shell script for creating squid URL rewritter
> script?As from squid wiki, i got some examples but those are in Perl
> and php.So i wonder that can we use bash shell scripting to create
> squid URL rewritters?
>
> Please share your suggestions and experience.Suppose if we have some
> demo bash script redirectors that would be great to consider as a
> reference material.
>
> Regards,
> Benjamin

Squid can run any language which your system has an interpreter for, or
binary language you have a compiler for.
In production other factors like the interpreter footprint, load times,
and script execution time limits tends to affect the choices.

You can find demo/skeleton shell script and C++ helpers for URL
re-writers in the Squid-3.2 sources under helpers/url_rewrite/fake/

Amos