Re: [squid-users] Problem compiling Squid 3.1.18 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS - store.cc

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 16:09:38 +1300

 On Tue, 6 Dec 2011 03:01:40 +0000, Paul Freeman wrote:
> Hi,
> I have come across a problem compiling Squid 3.1.18 on Ubuntu 10.04
> LTS (gcc 4.4.3, latest updates from Ubuntu). The problem occurs in
> store.cc and has been reported in an earlier post (3 Dec 2011)
> related
> to compiling 3.1.17.
>
> Another user has also reported this issue on the squid-dev mailing
> list on 5 Dec 2011 but I have not seen a reply yet.
>
> The error is as follows:
> store.cc: In member function 'void StoreEntry::deferProducer(const
> RefCount<AsyncCall>&)':
> store.cc:376: error: no match for 'operator<<' in 'std::operator<<
> [with _Traits = ...
>
> My knowledge of C++ is limited so I am not sure how to resolve the
> problem.

 Don't worry. This nasty trace is stressing the eyes of us familiar with
 C++ as well.

> Someone has reported successfully compiling 3.1.18 on Solaris so
> perhaps the Solaris C++ libraries are a little different than in
> Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
>
> I am happy to assist with any testing that might be required.

 It is only affecting adaptation (ICAP/eCAP) builds, so if you can run
 happily without those features use --disable, or comment out line 376 of
 src/store.cc.

 Thank you for the testing offer. We can replicate it already so the
 only help needed is C++ familiar eyes to find which of this nested set
 of templates is missing a required print() operator.

 Amos