Re: [squid-users] Ldap secure user-authentication

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 14:33:04 +1300

On 28/12/2011 1:08 a.m., FredB wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Actually I'm using squid with ldap authentication
>
> auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/squid_ldap_auth -b ou=People,dc=ldap,dc=test -h 192.168.1.1:389
> auth_param basic realm PASSWORD
> auth_param basic children 100 startup=50 idle=20
>
> Now I want to secure clients authentication, but I cannot change the ldap config
>
> Is it possible ? what's the best way to do that ?

In order to move to the more secure auth methods usually requires a
config setting in the LDAP to enable support for secure authentication
tokens instead of a password. If you are lucky the LDAP server already
has that turned on and you only need to add other authentication LDAP
helpers to Squid.

Amos