How can I configure squid to have a high HIT ratio from cache?

From: Madjid SalimZadeh <salim@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 14:19:17 +0430 (IRST)

I have configured squid to use a Winproxy on NT as its parent proxy
server. Now there are a few requests which are get from squids cache and
squid gets most of the requests from the cache.

What can I do if I want squid never checks for updates of GIF and JPG
files with its parent.

I want JPG and GIF files never expire and always be fresh in cache. And
squid never checks for updates of these files from its parent.

Please help me to configure squid in order to have above settings.

    .--.
   |o_o |
   |:_/ | Majid SalimZadeh
  // \ \ Salim@safineh.net