Re: [squid-users] Hardening

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 03 Jul 2003 13:53:46 +0200

tor 2003-07-03 klockan 13.06 skrev Adaíl Oliveira:
> Hi, i wan´t to install a proxy server with squid in the RedHat 9.0,
> where i can find a document about the packets of S.O need by the squid?
> How can i make the hardening?

Traffic needed by Squid:

incoming: http_port (TCP), and if you use ICP the icp_port (UDP)

outgoing + return traffic:
   DNS (port 53 UDP and TCP)
   mostly any TCP port for http, ftp, gopher etc.

Hardening:

   Make sure all services are running chroot and as a non-privileged
user. In Squid this is accomplished using the chroot_dir directive in
squid.conf. Usual guidelines on how to set up chroot directories
applies.

Regards
Henrik

Please consult the Squid FAQ and other available documentation before