[squid-users] Authentication to NT4 Domain. Squid running on NT4 too

From: <Jens.Schwendemann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 14:39:52 +0200

Hi Folks,

What I want to achieve is single logon for authenitcated NT Domain Users so they don't have to type in their User/Password
twice.
After excessive reading the FAQ's to NTLM and winbind I still am kinda confused.
As I am still a student I have to bother with some basic questions.
I have an NT4 environment to install the squid on and there's nothing I can do about that now.
So I have to use a WinNT version of Squid. The version should be 2.5 as before that no NTLM was supported, right?
I found some stuff here but I'm not sure if this is what I need
http://www.acmeconsulting.it/pagine/opensource/squid/squidnt25.htm
But now I'm stuck with the Samba I need for the winbind...
So what programmes do I probably need to set this single logon up (besides from Microsoft Proxy and IIS *g*)

Gee, I think I really have to convince my boss to let me set up a linux box... I think i make heavy weather of setting this
up...

Thanks in advance

Jens