Re: [squid-users] Proxy Setup

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 01:10:26 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Mohammad Shakir wrote:

> I have 4 PC PIII 733Mhz with 256MB RAM and USR 56K
> External Modem with Linux 7.3 configure Squid and 4
> telephone lines.

Why that many servers? One single server is more than sufficient for 4
phone lines.. unless ofcourse the lines are too far apart from each
other..

> Now I want all my request come on server1 ( for this I
> setup dhcp on server1 and define gateway,DNS to
> server1 to all clients),

Ok.

> I also setup MASQUREAD on server1 so all clients are
> connected with Internet.

Ok.

> But if any request come for browsing means tcp port 80
> Linux automatically forward that request on server2,
> server3, server4.

See the cache_peer directive of Squid.

Or the tcp_outgoing_address (and policy routing) if you have multiple
lines on the same server.

Regards
Henrik