Re: [squid-users] SSL question.

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 08:36:06 +0200

On 12.05 17:26, Elsen Marc wrote:
> > Can squid support SSL in both way inbound and outbound
> > traffic, with
> > the same certificate.?
> >
> > Client------->squid------>local-webserver
> > (SSL) (SSL)
> >

> Yep , but the problem is that there ain't any browsers that
> support the first step in your graph.

I'd say he meaned using squid as https accelerator.
squid with ssl patch, or squid-3.0 is required for this. I'm not sure
whether they can pass clients certificate to server.

However, I am even interested in this setup, because this probably could
help us with ssl webhosting...

Due to unexpected conditions Windows 2000 will be released
in first quarter of year 1901