Re: [squid-users] squid eats all the CPU!

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 08:41:05 +0200

On 12.05 18:29, hugle@vkt.lt wrote:
> Squid sometimes eats too much cpu...
> it can go up to 100%...
> then come back to ~40%.

is seems your cache is overloaded due to high traffic or bad configuration
(with not that big traffic)

> Ihave 2.4GBZ p4 here with 2gb of ram.
> while squid eats only (300 ATM)
>
> Don't know what i'm doing wrong
>
> Actualy I'm under FreeBSD 4.9
>
> Don't know what info should I put in here

What's your problem? does squid eats your CPU what causes other
applications to be slow?

FreeBSD4.9 and many other UN*X systems don't support balancing recourses
between processes (to tell that a process can only get 50% of all CPU
time). Better said, I don't know any UN*X system that can do it.

I'd advise you to find bottlenecks on your squid, tune it a but. Other way
is adding other CPU, or moving other important processes to other
machine(s).

Your mouse has moved. Windows NT will now restart for changes to take
to take effect. [OK]